Friday 9 December 2011

Nee-nah, nee-nah!

Our trip to the fire station inspired us to do lots of fantastic follow up work
when we got back to school!


We remembered lots about the real fire engine we saw and
 put lots of detail into our paintings.

Next we decided to design and build a moving fire engine model.

We used lots of skills along the way.
Mind Mrs Hall's fingers Harry!
Look at how carefully we are concentrating!

William is just putting the finishing touches to his super model.

Erin and Jack are making sure the axels stay in place so the wheels can turn.

Look at our finished models below.
Our smiley faces show just how pleased with are with them!
The children have posted their own comments below:

I liked sooring the wood.


The wels go rand.

I thoot it was the best thing evur.

I loved macking my fier engin.

I like my siren and my ladder


I like my wheels. M y windos are shinea and fablosh.

I wish the wejs to stop falling off

we i got  home  i played fire engines with my other fire engines 

I  lick  the  windos.

I lik the siren.

I like  the weels.

Henry is very proud of his super fire engine - well done Henry!

The lader is briliant.

I liked soring.

I wot to chanj the weels.










I   thought   my   fire  engine   is  quite  nice.

I  licd  it   wen  I  did   the  sow.

It wos  fablsi.

I like it sort of like it.

11 comments:

  1. We loved looking at all the wonderful fire engines!
    William and William's Mum

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was great to see all the fire engines, it looks like everyone really enjoyed making them. Cameron's mum

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great looking fire engines.
    Vicky. Ria's mum.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It was fun making the fire engines. Louis

    ReplyDelete
  5. All the pictures and models of fire engines are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well done wrens, you all worked so hard on your fire engines.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great work wrens! We love looking at your blog. Keep up the good work. Lots of love to all especially Louis. From. Marie Werner Phoebe Mika Vosloo all the way from Nairobi Kenya. Love from Rouve miss Louis while visiting in Kenya. See you soon.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you for commenting on our blog all the way from Kenya! The Wrens are learning about the weather at the moment - new posts about that will be going on soon. It would be great to know a little about the weather where you are!
    Mrs Squirrell

    ReplyDelete
  9. George ( Joseph's Mum)15 February 2012 at 03:56

    First time on the blog, what brilliant work you all have done. Go Wrens!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I liked sawing the wood on the fire engin I hope we have fun Next week love from Joseph x

    ReplyDelete
  11. looks like you had loads of fun :)

    ReplyDelete